French & Spanish Children's Classes (Primary)
What is Fun French & Fun Spanish
• Programmes created especially for young children
• Learning through stimulating activities in a relaxed environment
• Encouraging young children to communicate confidently in another language
Why start so young?
• before the age of 7 children are able to hear, and perfectly reproduce, sounds that don’t exist in their own language
• learning a foreign language actually helps a child see ’language patterns’ and consolidates mastery of their mother tongue
• being able to communicate in another language builds self-confidence, develops general communication & social skills, and raises the self esteem of children of all abilities
• young children consequently show empathy with foreigners, and foreign cultures and customs
How is organised French and Spanish clubs?
• 10 x 30 minutes each term with breaks over the School holidays
• A fun, yet structured, initiation to language and culture
• Flexible format - your child can join the programme at any time
• New materials, stories, songs are introduced each term
• ‘Infant Programme’ for Reception & Key Stage 1 children
• ‘Junior Programme’ for Key Stage 2 children
• Various venues throughout the area, including our teaching centre in Cambray Place (Cheltenham) - see below for details
• Fees will depend on the room hire cost and the mileage from Cheltenham.
After-School Clubs at Cambray Place in Cheltenham
email us to find out your nearest centre
Accelerated programme for Y5-Y6
• 10 x 45 minutes each term with breaks over the School holidays
• Groups are graded according to age and ability (Maximum Group Size - 8)
• Overall pace is a little more intensive than the Clubs, but we still have lots of fun!
• Especially suitable for children, who have already had exposure to the language ,and/or want to re-enforce their knowledge before the Secondary School.
Currently available at our centre in Cambray Place, Cheltenham. (See enrolment for above or email us for more details.)
SATURDAY CLASS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
email us for more details
Curriculum Programmes in French and Spanish
• All our programmes comply with QCA guidelines and are delivered by a specialist team of native speaker.
• The programmes incorporate natural links to the main curriculum (Numeracy, Literacy, Geography, History, Citizenship, Creativity, Art & Design, ICT).
• Our core programme is based on 30 x 30 minutes per group, per year – this can be adapted to fit the needs of individual schools.
Please contact Sylvie for more information
email Sylvie for more information
• Each workshop lasts for 2 hours and covers a different topic.
• The sessions are suitable for beginners and children who have done the language before before.
• Role plays, games and craft activities (all in target language, of course!) will be the main features of the programmes.
• Light refreshments are provided.
• Minimum 4 Children up to 6.
email us for more details